vbModeless Question

  1. #1
    MWS
    Guest

    vbModeless Question

    By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
    formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user to
    not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The splashscreen
    is displayed via:

    frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

    The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
    design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
    executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
    would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

    Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

    Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: vbModeless Question

    You can suppress the flashing of the screen by adding

    Application.screenupdating = false

    at the beginning of the code and

    Application.screenupdating = true

    at the end. I don't know if this removes your need for a splash screen, but
    just for your reference. so if the code takes a while to execute you could
    just unhide and select a sheet with your message on it kinda like this

    sub DoYourStuff
    on error goto ErrorHandler
    with sheets("Wait Message")
    .visible = xlVisible
    .select
    end with
    application.screenupdating = false
    'Do your stuff here
    ErrorHandler:
    sheets("Wait Message").visible = xlVeryHidden
    application.screenupdating = true
    End sub
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: vbModeless Question

    Issue a doevents right after displaying it

    frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless
    doevents

    --
    Regards
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    ben
    Guest

    RE: vbModeless Question

    also

    frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless
    application.doevents

    try that

    --
    When you lose your mind, you free your life.

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello MWS,

    Another trick is to repaint the UserForm...

    frmOpportunitySplash.RePaint

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross
    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

    Remember To Do the Following....

    1. Use code tags. Place [CODE] before the first line of code and [/CODE] after the last line of code.
    2. Thank those who have helped you by clicking the Star below the post.
    3. Please mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily.

    Old Scottish Proverb...
    Luathaid gu deanamh maille! (Rushing causes delays!)

  6. #6
    MWS
    Guest

    Re: vbModeless Question

    Thank You for Your Help - I Appreciate It!!!!