File to keep track of World Cup 2006

  1. #1

    File to keep track of World Cup 2006

    Hello Everyone,

    I am running an office pool for the World Cup 2006, and was wondering if anybody can help with ideas or macros.
    I want to create a file which would update and keep track of game results and scores of all the games and at the same time it would update the list of people that have made their predictions.
    The predictions would be to pick the game winners and try to predict the scores, 2 point will be given for picking the right winner and 3 point will be given for predicting the correct score of a game.
    The file then, as the scores are updated it would update the list of predictors which would be about 50 people.
    Any ideas would be appreciated or if anybody has a file already to use please provide details.

  2. #2
    Hello Everyone,
    I guess we don't have any Soccer fans in this forum...lol
    Can any body help with the issue below, or point me in the right direction, txs.

  3. #3
    ikr
    Guest

    Re: File to keep track of World Cup 2006

    "chin_un_len" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I am running an office pool for the World Cup 2006, and was wondering
    > if anybody can help with ideas or macros.
    > I want to create a file which would update and keep track of game
    > results and scores of all the games and at the same time it would
    > update the list of people that have made their predictions.
    > The predictions would be to pick the game winners and try to predict
    > the scores, 2 point will be given for picking the right winner and 3
    > point will be given for predicting the correct score of a game.
    > The file then, as the scores are updated it would update the list of
    > predictors which would be about 50 people.
    > Any ideas would be appreciated or if anybody has a file already to use
    > please provide details.

    Hi

    While not doing exactly what you want, I have devised a workbook to record
    match scores throughout the competition. It updates and re-sorts the group
    tables throughout the group stage matches and automatically puts the correct
    teams forward for the subsequent rounds (eighth finals, quarter finals,
    etc). All you need to do is enter the result for each match, and XL does the
    rest. It doesn't, however, monitor predictions like you wanted, so you may
    not be interested. However, some of the techniques used (VB and worksheet
    formulae) may be useful to you.

    E-mail me at:

    ik_DOT_rip_AT_ntlworld_DOT_com [remove the underscores and replace the DOTs
    and the AT]

    if you are interested.

    Ian