VBA to make columns within a cell (99)

  1. #1
    Ray
    Guest

    VBA to make columns within a cell (99)

    I am trying to combine two columns of text into one cell but formatted so it
    still looks like 2 columns. I know how to write to a text file using the tab
    function but is there a similar command for VBA? I can use spaces to do it
    but that only works with courier text (fixed width). An example shown below.
    They key is I want this done within 1 cell. Notice the left side is left
    justified and the right side should be right justified.

    124 ABGY
    13 x
    19 12

    --
    Ray

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: VBA to make columns within a cell (99)

    Ray,
    IMO you are making life difficult for yourself trying to fight against Excel
    rather than accepting its abilities/limitations.
    Use 2 columns, unless you a good not to.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ray
    Guest

    RE: VBA to make columns within a cell (99)

    Making 2 columns is not an option. I am utilizing a long evolved complex
    form. The column format I am requesting is cosmetic and not required but if
    it can be done I would the ability as it comes up somewhat frequently. Simply
    inserting an additional column would require hundreds of manhours worth of
    work.

    --
    Ray