Delete Picture Objects

  1. #1
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Delete Picture Objects

    How can I select all the picture objects in my excel file and delete them?
    I've tried highlighting the column but that doesn't work.

    Thanks Mike

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Hi Mike

    All objects or only Pictures ?

    See this page for example code
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Only pictures.
    Thanks

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Try this one

    Sub Shapes2()
    'Loop through the Shapes collection and use the Type number of the control
    Dim myshape As Shape
    For Each myshape In ActiveSheet.Shapes

    ' pictures
    If myshape.Type = 13 Then myshape.Delete
    ' You can also use myshape.Visible = False

    Next myshape

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    It worked on a picture I've inserted into the execl spreadsheet but not on
    what I pasted into the spreadsheet. I'm pasting from the internet and it
    puts the little Java Icon on the spreadsheet. I click on the Icon and it
    says it's a picture. Maybe it's a different type?

    news:eBq%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Do you have other controls on that sheet Mike that you want to keep ?
    Forms controls or controltoolbox controls ?

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  7. #7
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    No.

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Then use this Mike

    Sub Shapes1()
    'Delete all Objects except Comments
    On Error Resume Next
    ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Visible = True
    ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

  9. #9
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    That works better.

    Thanks again.

  10. #10
    The Other Mike
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    I took out the If statement and just left myshape.delete

    Thanks so much for your help.

    Mike

  11. #11
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Picture Objects

    Don't do that Mike
    Read about the bugs when you do that on the webpage