Dates using Data / Validation

  1. #1
    susan
    Guest

    Dates using Data / Validation

    I am using Data / Validation / List

    To reference the following dates in these cells as follows:

    F1 = now()
    F2 = now()+1
    F3 = now()+2
    F4 = now()+3
    F5 = now()+4

    However each time I select a date whether today's date, tomorrow, next day etc. it also chooses the time when selected,
    e.g. 2/12/2006 17:53

    In order to make my program work I need the date to show today plus 4 days into the future however showing e.g.
    2/12/2006 12:00AM, even if selected at 5:53 PM. I can get this effect by just typing Feb-12 in a cell manually, however
    how can I get it to work using Data / Validation.

    Your help in this matter is appreciated.

    Susan

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    =NOW() gives date and time, switch to =TODAY() for date only

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Dates using Data / Validation

    Your problem is your cell format. You need to format the cells so they just
    show the date.

    Tim

    news:[email protected]...