Intercepting the file save prompt before close?

  1. #1
    Neil Bhandar
    Guest

    Intercepting the file save prompt before close?

    Hello,

    I have a auto_close routine that intercepts the file save routine but when
    the routine ends I still see the file save Yes, No Cancel dialog.

    sub auto_close()

    end sub

    How do I disable this and continue?

    Thanks in advance,
    -Neil

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Intercepting the file save prompt before close?

    Possibly by setting

    ThisWorkbook.Saved = True

    Before Excel attempts to close the file.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Neil Bhandar
    Guest

    Re: Intercepting the file save prompt before close?

    Tom, That does not work. all that does it closes the file.

    sub auto_close()
    reponse=msgbox (close, yes/no)
    if response = no then
    'tried your suggestion but does not work
    ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
    else
    save file as is and close
    endif
    end sub

    any other suggestions?

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Intercepting the file save prompt before close?

    You would have to use the BeforeClose Event if you want to cancel a close
    that has already been initiated.

    Use the Cancel arguement. Set it to True.

    Chip Pearson's overview of events.