Save File without VB Module

  1. #1
    DynamiteSkippy
    Guest

    Save File without VB Module

    Is there a way to save a file without a particular module being saved?

    I have a client who is extremely sensitive and doesn't like the macro
    security message which pops up anytime there is a file which has visual basic
    code in it.
    I simply want to eliminate that message from popping up and force it to
    "Disable Macros" Any thoughts???

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Save File without VB Module

    Hi DynamiteSkippy

    You can look at Chip's page for code to do this
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

    I always send the file with My Mail add-in that have a option to delete the code in the file you send
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Save File without VB Module

    You do not have any access to / or control over your customers security
    settings. There are a few possible solutions. One would be for your customer
    to change his security setting from Medium to High. This will keep the
    message from popping up and disable the macros. The other is to write code
    that will remove the macros. Check out this link...

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

    Finally instead of putting the code in the workbook itslef you could create
    an addin on your system that contains the functionality that you require.
    That will keep the code on your machine and out of the workbook.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  4. #4
    XP
    Guest

    RE: Save File without VB Module

    Just one more thought,

    I don't know the complexity of your spreadsheets, but you may consider
    simply copying your sheets into a "clean" file and send that one instead. You
    could even code a macro to do it for you...

    HTH

  5. #5
    Pendraig
    Guest

    RE: Save File without VB Module

    You can certainly strip VB Code from spreadsheets ... but one has to wonder
    if the code is stripped would this not disable\destroy any user commissioned
    fuctionality?

    Can't have it both ways: either you have an automated spreadsheet with its
    embedded VB code *OR* meaningless, non-functional controls and the basic data
    itself.

    Quoted material below is taken directly from Chip Pearson's web site:

    ***** Begin Quoted Material *****

    Deleting All VBA Code In A Project

    The procedure below will delete all the VBA code in a project. You should
    use this procedure with care, as it will permanently delete the code.
    Standard modules, user forms, and class modules will be removed, and code
    within the ThisWorkbook module and the sheet modules will be deleted. You
    may want to export the VBA code, using the procedure above, before deleting
    the VBA code.

    Sub DeleteAllVBA()

    Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent
    Dim VBComps As VBIDE.VBComponents

    Set VBComps = ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents

    For Each VBComp In VBComps
    Select Case VBComp.Type
    Case vbext_ct_StdModule, vbext_ct_MSForm, _
    vbext_ct_ClassModule
    VBComps.Remove VBComp
    Case Else
    With VBComp.CodeModule
    .DeleteLines 1, .CountOfLines
    End With
    End Select
    Next VBComp

    End Sub

    ***** End of Quoted Material *****

    --
    Penraig
    Esse quam videri

  6. #6
    Naman.Patel
    Guest

    RE: Save File without VB Module

    Simply save a macro code in different file and save it to xlstart folder.

    this macro will be available whenever u start excel and it is isolated from
    ur deliverable files.