how can I get the appeared value from the cell?

  1. #1
    Raven
    Guest

    how can I get the appeared value from the cell?

    let say I have a string or date variable fileDate and on "a1" I have
    the date value of 2/2/2006

    when I use the code filedate = formate(filedate , "YYMM")
    msgbox(filedate) it gives me 27/10/2064 which I have completely no clue
    what had happened. So I think I should try another way. using format
    cell I turned the appeared value of "a1" to be 0602 and I hope to get
    this "0602" into my variable. My problem is that when I copy the data
    it doesnt copy the appeared value but the genuine value 2/2/2006 which
    is not what i wanted

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how can I get the appeared value from the cell?

    FileDate = "2/2/2006"
    filedate = format(cDate(filedate) , "YYMM")
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...