Code Breaking

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Code Breaking

    Hey everyone, I want to try and incorporate a security feature in to my macro. I know if someone has the right knowhow, they can crack the password for a locked VBAProject, but is there a way to write a code that if the person attempts to crack the code or enters the wrong password like 4 times, the file is destroyed? I have someone that is trying to steal some info, and I need to make it so he cant get to it if he tries.

    any ideas??

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Code Breaking

    Nope. The only way to secure your code is to distribute it within a compiled XLL or DLL - neither
    of which I know how to help you with ;-)

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...