Formula

  1. #1
    Alan
    Guest

    Formula

    First I am not use to doing this kind of stuff in excel so I apologize if
    this seems like a sillly question.

    So let's say in cells A200 - A226 I have the Alphabet, and in cells B200 -
    B226 I have the numbers 1 -26.
    In cell C1 I want one of numeric values from the cells B200 - B226 based on
    a value in cells A200 - A226. This is I want to look at the entire list of
    values in cells A200 -A226 for the value "D" (which I would find in Cell
    A203) based on that result I would like the value of B203 (which would be a
    4) placed into cell C1.

    I hope all that made sense. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Alan

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formula

    Suggest you look in the help index for VLOOKUP

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...