Restrict copy paste ability

  1. #1
    wana be xl master
    Guest

    Restrict copy paste ability

    I have a protect sheet with only few cells where users can enter data.

    Is there anyway to restrict users not to do a copy paste in those areas?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Restrict copy paste ability

    Here is some selection change code that you need to put into the specified
    sheet...
    (Right click the sheet tab and select Veiw Code)

    with Application
    If .CutCopyMode = xlCopy Then .CutCopyMode = False
    If .CutCopyMode = xlCut Then .CutCopyMode = False 'Prevents Cut
    end with
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Restrict copy paste ability

    Hi

    With code you can use this event in the Thisworkbook module

    Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    End Sub

    You must also disable drag and drop

    --