Using double click on active cell to open a custom help window

  1. #1
    burl_rfc
    Guest

    Using double click on active cell to open a custom help window

    I guess the first question would be can you create custom help windows
    to aid the user in navigating the worksheet, secondly can the custom
    help window be opened by simply double clicking the active cell. The
    active cell would obvoiusly have some title to it,
    ex: cell a10 = quantity. I'm thinking that the active cell address may
    be a better way of determining what help window to open.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Using double click on active cell to open a custom help window

    Paste this code directly in the sheet (Right click the sheet tab and select
    view code)

    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
    Boolean)
    Cancel = True
    Select Case Target.Address
    Case "$A$1"
    MsgBox "Do something with " & Target.Address
    Case "$A$2"
    MsgBox "Do something other than " & Target.Address
    Case "$A$3"
    MsgBox "Do something besides " & Target.Address
    Case "$A$10"
    MsgBox "Whatever with " & Target.Address
    Case Else
    Cancel = False
    End Select

    HTH...