signing a spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Johnny Mick
    Guest

    signing a spreadsheet

    Just another rookie question, but when I send my spreadsheet(macro) to my
    associates, it gets blocked because it is not signed. ???? I'm not sure what
    this means, or how I go about signing the project, so they can use my data.
    Any ideas. . .again, I realize this is rookie question, but I was in posting
    another question, and thought I'd post this one, while I was at it. Thanks
    in advance for any assistance.

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: signing a spreadsheet

    Johnny,
    The easiest and cheapest way is to use SelfCert.exe, which AFAIK is a
    standard Office/Windows app.
    Use the generated certificate to sign your code, send them the same cert,
    they check the "Trust all from the cert" (or something like) that under the
    Security tab.

    The alternative to buy a certificate from one of the issuing bodies.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: signing a spreadsheet

    Johnny,
    Start here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217221

  4. #4
    Johnny Mick
    Guest

    Re: signing a spreadsheet

    Thanks Nick. I work for a large telecom company in the U.S. I would hope
    that they've already set up some sort of certification/trust agent system. I
    will inquire with our support people. I appreciate the response. Thanks
    also for the link.