word to excel (how to avoid enter button marks?)

  1. #1

    Question word to excel (how to avoid enter button marks?)

    i am converting data from Word to Excel (not of table data) while transfering data all the Enter Button signs (square) is also transfered how can i avoid that? can any one know how to identify Enter Sign ?

  2. #2
    NAVEEN
    Guest

    RE: word to excel (how to avoid enter button marks?)

    Hi,

    You can those Enter Button Signs (Square Symbols) into line breaks by
    wrapping the cell contents.

    - Right Click on the cell
    - Select "Format Cells"
    - Click on "Alignment Tab"
    - under "Text control" section Check "Wrap text"

    With regards
    NAVEEN

  3. #3

    No it doesnt work

    thks Navven but sorry it doesnt work By the way i wan solution in Macro Code not just excel solution still if any one can tell me the way to do this in excel I would welcome.

    with regards

    Excel Power

  4. #4

    Unhappy Any Solution?

    is here no one in this group enough capable to answer this question?

  5. #5
    Ed
    Guest

    Re: word to excel (how to avoid enter button marks?)

    When you speak of the "Enter Square", are you talking about the little
    square that shows up in every cell of a Word table? If not, it must be some
    kind of special character.

    I am not very capable of answering more than basic questions. The experts
    here are capable of almost anything! But no one is capable of reading your
    code to find out what you are doing and how to do it better. And no one
    here gets paid to help, so if something - or someone - looks like too much
    trouble, they are likely to get ignored. Why don't you try posting your
    code along with an explanation of how you are getting the data out of Word
    to populate the Excel file?

    Ed

    "ExcelPower" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Thumbs up Thanks Ed

    Thanks Ed I think u have got upset , take it is , it is just a strategy to get every one involved by throwing a challenge. But i have got solution for this problem
    here it is

    If Asc(strTest) <> 11 Then
    If Asc(strTest) <> 13 Then
    If Asc(strTest) <> 12 Then
    ............................................ continue

    so that unnecessary characters like line change(enter key) etc are avoided

  7. #7
    Ed
    Guest

    Re: word to excel (how to avoid enter button marks?)

    >>> is here no one in this group enough capable to answer this question?
    is NOT
    >>just a strategy
    >>to get every one involved by throwing a challenge.

    It IS a "strategy" to get yourself ignored.

    > But i have got
    > solution for this problem

    Still have no idea what your original problem was all about. But that's
    okay - I'm not an expert, so I wouldn't be capable enough to solve it
    anyway. Occasionally, I do like to learn, though.

    Bye.