Combining all the excle files

  1. #1

    Exclamation Combining all the excle files

    Hi,

    I have the 1000 different excel file, each file have multile no of sheet in it. but all the 1000 different file have the same format, only the no of rows in each files will change but the no of columes remain same.

    I need to merge all the 1000 files into one file, which will have same structure as the earlier one, merged file will also have multile worksheet in it, same as the earlier structure of the file.

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Combining all the excle files

    vikasmore,
    If you are attempting to produce a workbook with some 5000 sheets, it is not
    going to be good.
    Alternative, if you are looking to get a workbook with 5 or sheets but
    combing the rows from a 1000 book, you know the limit per sheet is 65000
    rows, so 65 rows max for each of your 1000 books.

    Either way, I would look for a different approach.
    Access ?

    NickHK

    "vikasmore" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Combining all the excle files

    Hi vikasmore

    I have a few example pages on my site that you can try
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    I am looking at producing the few worksheet sheet only , lets say only 2 of them. i will have lots of rows by combining all the different excle files. lets say it it crosses the limit of excle , in that case have multiple files. I NEED THIS CONSIALIDATED FILE FOR JUST SOME PRESENATION PURPOSE ONLY.

    Do u have any another sugestion for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickHK