Simple Macro Needs Digital Signature?

  1. #1
    Karen
    Guest

    Simple Macro Needs Digital Signature?

    I have a VERY simple worksheet for tracking progress. I will be sharing it
    with about 25 people who are very basic Excel users. They are all independent
    - not employees of one company. I have a VERY simple macro that copies a
    range of rows if the use has run out of room and needs to track one more
    segment of data. My issue is that I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for
    a digital signature on a one-time use for a super simple macro. What can I do
    to make this available to these people without having the confusion of
    "security level" and "trusted sources" prompts?
    Thank you!
    KB

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Simple Macro Needs Digital Signature?

    Create your own digital signature with selfcert.exe, sign your macros and
    distribute.

  3. #3
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Simple Macro Needs Digital Signature?

    Make your own digital signature and ship it with the worksheet with
    instructions for the users to install it. In the Office folders there should
    be an application called Selfcert.exe You can use this to "sign" macros.