VB Script for FTP used in excel

  1. #1
    ak
    Guest

    VB Script for FTP used in excel

    I need to send a txt file to a remote FTP site, what should be written in the
    VB Script? I will create an icon for user to start the sending job.

    Please help

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: VB Script for FTP used in excel

    you could use the Shell command to execute the FTP program from the VBA
    code. The parameters for the external programme could also be supplied e.g.

    result = Shell("C:\windows\ftp .exe 'program commands here ", 0)

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ak
    Guest

    Re: VB Script for FTP used in excel

    Thanks Nigel

    Is there any FTP command/function in VB that can use?

  4. #4
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: VB Script for FTP used in excel

    AFAIK you cannot do this from within VBA. Shell the external programme
    would be my choice, especially if you can develop a log on / send script
    within the FTP programme, e.g. CuteFTP