consolidate data, dynamic ranges

  1. #1
    Excel GuRu
    Guest

    consolidate data, dynamic ranges

    Using the detail on the contextures website to overcome the limiations of
    pivot tables, I came upon another issue as usual.

    To explain further, I have data that filled through an Oracle query. The
    range of data changes continuously, so I was using a dynamic range(using
    instructions from the Contextures website). My dillema is that when I use
    the dyamic range, the dyamanic range names don't show up as tables when I
    follow the instructions for creating a pivot table based using an external
    data source. It will bring up all of the other named ranges, but will not
    show the dynamic ranges. Is there a way around this? Appreciate any help
    with this issue.

    http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html#Limitations

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: consolidate data, dynamic ranges

    No way to make them show for selection. That doesn't mean they aren't
    available. Just type them the source range dialog box.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...