AutoExec Code to Open Template Dialogue on Startup

  1. #1
    Dermot
    Guest

    AutoExec Code to Open Template Dialogue on Startup

    I am experimenting with macros.........
    I use the following macro to open the Word Template Dialog.

    Sub AutoExec()
    '
    ' AutoExec Macro to open the template Dialogue Box
    ' Macro created 25/02/2006 by Dermot Hayes
    '
    Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show

    End Sub

    Question 1
    Can anyone tell me the appropriate code to open the Excel Template Dialog?

    Question 2
    Where will I get a list of Excel command as they are used within code...i.e
    wdDialogFileNew as use in the Word example above?

    Question 3
    Any general advice / links regarding useful Excel macros to consider
    incorporating in excel spreadsheets?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: AutoExec Code to Open Template Dialogue on Startup

    Question 1
    Can anyone tell me the appropriate code to open the Excel Template Dialog?

    Excel doesn't use templates like Word, so there probably isn't one

    But the commands to show builtin dialogs are similar

    Application.Dialogs(xldialogprint).Show

    Question 2
    Where will I get a list of Excel command as they are used within code...i.e
    wdDialogFileNew as use in the Word example above?

    Use the object explorer in the VBE, same as in word

    Question 3
    Any general advice / links regarding useful Excel macros to consider
    incorporating in excel spreadsheets?

    This group
    http://www.cpearson.com/Excel.htm
    see the topics and pages index (Chip Pearson)

    http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel (John Walkenback)
    see Tips/ developer tips

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html (Debra Dalgleish's site)

    Obviously the more you know about Excel itself, the better you will be able
    to program its capabilities.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dermot
    Guest

    Re: AutoExec Code to Open Template Dialogue on Startup

    Thanks Tom
    It's a great start, it never entered my mind to use the object explorer in
    the VBE...but that makes a lot of sense.....

    I wasn't sure about the excel template approach, because when I save a work
    sheet / book...thee wasn't a similarextension entry like ".dot" ......I
    suppose it wouldn't make sense anyway....

    Thanks for the link Tom I'll have a look.
    Best Wishes
    Dermot