Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

  1. #1
    Raul
    Guest

    Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but now I
    need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone tell me
    how to go about doing this?

    The old way: Workbooks.Open
    "P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata0506.xls"

    New URL:
    "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

    Thanks in Advance,
    Raul

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    try

    sStr = "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
    workbooks.open sStr

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Raul
    Guest

    Re: Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    Tom,
    This isn't working, but I'm pretty sure the reason is the virus
    warning/"would you like to open this file" pop up. Is there a way to get
    around this?

    Thanks,
    Raul

  4. #4
    Raul
    Guest

    Re: Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    Tom,
    Disregard my previous post. This method worked perfectly.

    Thank you very much,
    Raul

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    You can try the DisplayAlerts command. I don't know if it will work here:

    sStr = "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    workbooks.open sStr
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

  6. #6
    Raul
    Guest

    Re: Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

    Tom,
    Your original post resolved the problem; I failed to enter the URL
    correctly, which kept your methodology from working.

    I'll put your suggestions regarding Application.DisplayAlerts in the bank.

    Thanks again,
    Raul

    "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

    > You can try the DisplayAlerts command. I don't know if it will work here:
    >
    > sStr = "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
    > Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    > workbooks.open sStr
    > Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Tom Ogilvy
    >

    > "Raul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Tom,
    > > This isn't working, but I'm pretty sure the reason is the virus
    > > warning/"would you like to open this file" pop up. Is there a way to get
    > > around this?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Raul
    > >
    > > "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
    > >
    > > > try
    > > >
    > > > sStr =

    > "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
    > > > workbooks.open sStr
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Tom Ogilvy
    > > >

    > > > "Raul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > now I

    > tell
    > > > me