line delete interception

  1. #1

    line delete interception

    Hi from Paris (France)

    I want to save a specified data (cell in colonne A:A) of a line to be
    deleted, before suppression.
    How can intercept the line delete event ?

    Thanks by anticipation,

  2. #2
    Chris Marlow
    Guest

    RE: line delete interception

    Hi,

    The row delete fires the 'Worksheet_Change' event ... but so do lots of
    things.

    Regards,

    Chris.

    --
    Chris Marlow
    MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

  3. #3

    Re: line delete interception

    Thanks Chris for the suggestion,
    Is there any way to detect deleted line , previously its deletion ?

  4. #4
    Chris Marlow
    Guest

    Re: line delete interception

    Hi,

    Unfortunately the Target range returned in Worksheet_Change refers to the
    new row (i.e. the one that was below what you have deleted).

    I looked at something like;

    If Target.Rows.Count = 1 And Target.Columns.Count = 256 Then

    Application.Undo

    'Save the details down here

    Application.Repeat

    End If

    But I don't think there is the sophistication in the worksheet events to
    capture this. I've looked at Application.Undo ... but does not seem to meet
    the need. I think you would need to set up your own 'delete row' macro & have
    users use that macro.

    Regards,

    Chris.

  5. #5
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: line delete interception

    Unfortunately, there is no way to detect when a user deletes a
    row.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson