Cursor Movement

  1. #1
    Paige
    Guest

    Cursor Movement

    The following code words fine, as long as Excel is set to move the cursor to
    the right after hitting enter. If I enter something however and hit the
    cursor up, down, or to the left, the code obviously doesn't work. How do I
    rewrite this code so that regardless of whether a user has set Excel to move
    right, left, up, or down after enter (or does so manually), it still works?
    My intent is that for the activecell in Col K, if what the user enters is >
    the value in Col I (same row), then verbiage is entered on the same row, in
    Col L. If the value is <= Col I (same row), any verbiage on the same row in
    Col L is cleared. Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

    Option Explicit
    If Not (Intersect(Target, Range("$K$8:$K$65000")) Is Nothing) Then
    If Target.Value > ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3) Then
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0) = "DELEGATION LEVEL EXCEEDED!"
    ActiveCell.Font.ColorIndex = 3
    End If
    If Target.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3) Then
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).ClearContents
    End If

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Cursor Movement

    Option Explicit
    If Not (Intersect(Target, Range("$K$8:$K$65000")) Is Nothing) Then
    On Error goto ErrHandler
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Value > Target.Offset(0, -4) Then
    Target.Offset(0,1) = "DELEGATION LEVEL EXCEEDED!"
    Target.Offset(0,1).Font.ColorIndex = 3
    End If
    If Target.Value = Target.Offset(0, -4) Then
    Target.Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
    End If
    If Target.Value < Target.Offset(0, -4) Then
    Target.Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
    ErrHandler:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    Tom Ogilvy