Automate Excel upload into static Access Table

  1. #1

    Automate Excel upload into static Access Table

    I am trying to find a way to automate an 'append' process, whereby a user can enter data into an excel table and hit a button (macro) to have the data automatically populated in an existing Access table.

    Is this possible? Anyone up for a challenge?

  2. #2
    Pranav Wagh[MSFT]
    Guest

    RE: Automate Excel upload into static Access Table

    Hello,
    Did you try automating Access from VBA ?

    Pranav Wagh

    "The Real Stuff Is oUT oF tHE bOX"

    http://blogs.msdn.com/pranavwagh

    --------------------

    --
    Seanarthur
    Seanarthur's Profile:

  3. #3
    Arun
    Guest

    Re: Automate Excel upload into static Access Table

    Actually this is very easy. Make a connection to Access using ADO and
    then insert data into the access table.

    Do a google on inserting data into access from excel.

    Arun.

  4. #4

    still need help

    I'm no pro, here.

    I've spent quite a bit of time searching today and have found several examples, all different, that claim to be able to do this. The simplest ones reference ADO, as was done in the response to my post. The problem is that I don't know if I have ADO or how to use it.

    When I use the ADO commands I'm finding in the examples, I get VB error messages like, 'user defined variable not defined'.

    I've also been trying to figure out a way to do this using ODBC. I think if I can figure out how to establish a connection to the database, I can then work my way through inserting the records. Unfortunately, the examples I'm finding are pretty cryptic to someone such as myself, who has pretty much jumped head-first into the world of VB.

    I'm not an IT professional. So I doubt I have more than the basic excel and access packages on my computer. Any advice?

    Sean