Move to bottom of table

  1. #1
    hfazal
    Guest

    Move to bottom of table

    I want to move rows with with a certain word in column A to the bottom of all
    the rows. How can I do that in a macro?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Move to bottom of table

    Yes:

    Either with a macro or in the worksheet without a macro:

    Let's say that some cells in column A contain happy. and that those rows
    want to be moved to the bottom.

    In an un-used column enter:
    =IF(A1="happy",99,1) and copy down. Then sort by the new column.

    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Move to bottom of table

    Create a staging column (in unused area) with following formula:
    =NOT(ISERROR(SEARCH(""fish"",A1)))

    Then sort your data on that columnd ascending.

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    hfazal
    Guest

    RE: Move to bottom of table

    Hi,

    This works within a worksheet but how would I do this in a macro? Also, the
    table is already sorted by other columns, I don't want to screw up this
    sorting, I just want to move rows that have certain input in column A to the
    bottom of the table... any ideas?

    Thanks
    Hussein