prevent same entry in a single column

  1. #1
    RODGER
    Guest

    prevent same entry in a single column

    I am encoding a long list of data in a single column. What I would like to
    happen is that, the computer should block any data entry that is exactly the
    same as those items entered previously in the same column.

    In the list, there should be no duplication of data in any cells in a column.

    Help please? or any advice.

    Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: prevent same entry in a single column

    Rodger, have a look here,

    http://cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    waldo
    Guest

    RE: prevent same entry in a single column

    I have the same question which I posted today. Have you gotten an answer to
    your question?

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: prevent same entry in a single column

    See my ans in .misc

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software