Summing figures generated by formulas

  1. #1
    lobo
    Guest

    Summing figures generated by formulas

    I have created a spread sheet that has a number of cells where the
    figure shown is generated by a formula. After these figures are
    generated I need to have them add themselves up.

    the formula I used to generate the numbers is such as this:
    =if(Q5="","",if(N5="","",if(K5="","",".5")))
    These .5 values are percentages or 1/2%

    I have a number of this type of formulas filling cells with .5. I want
    to add up all these .5 figures so that I can then use the total to
    multiply a gross value by to receive another value.

    such as this:
    ..5
    ..5
    ..5
    1.5 =.015 X 2000.00 = 30.00

    I am finding that, because the cells are filled by formulas, they won't
    add up.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Summing figures generated by formulas

    use a number for .5, not a string.

    Use Sum

    =Sum(A1:A3)

    and not