Display Alerts

  1. #1
    Jason Zischke
    Guest

    Display Alerts

    Hi all

    I've heard that putting 'Application.DisplayAlerts = False' stops the
    ActiveX warning pop-up when the workbook is opened, however when I run my
    code it won't actually change the alerts to false, what could be wrong here?

    Thanks in Advance

    Jason

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: Display Alerts

    The Display alerts is designed to stop the kind of alerts you get when, for
    example, you try to save a file with a name of an existing file, or when you
    delete a worksheet - this is so that code can run "automatically" without
    stopping for user input.
    The ActiveX warning is at application level - ie the O/S raises it rather
    than Excel itself. If you Google for it, you'll see that you can set a
    Registry item that stops the warning.