changing font color of cell content

  1. #1
    Donald Stockton
    Guest

    changing font color of cell content

    Is there a way to programatically change the font properties (color) of
    only a portion of a cells content, like maybe the first 5 characters, or
    maybe characters 10-15. etc

    D.S.

  2. #2
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: changing font color of cell content

    Donald,

    Running the macro recorder and editing, I get this:

    ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font.ColorIndex = 3

    hth,

    Doug

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    D.S.
    Guest

    Re: changing font color of cell content

    Thanks Doug,
    That tells me it can be done, that will give me a good start.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: changing font color of cell content

    Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
    to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
    often. ed

  8. #8
    D.S.
    Guest

    Re: changing font color of cell content

    Can't do it in this particular situation, I'm trying to highlight portions
    of text, and I need to do it within a procedure I'm working on. Thanks

  9. #9

    Re: changing font color of cell content

    While your typing, or open the cell, and in the formula bar highight
    the text you want to change, then use the Format menu, cells and change
    the color. Return to your typing, or close the cell. What is the
    problem with this? You can even change the color of part of a word.
    ed