Generating Footers for Multiple sheets in Workbook

  1. #1
    Ron
    Guest

    Generating Footers for Multiple sheets in Workbook

    Hi,
    I am just beginning to try and learn about VBA. I have a spreadsheet that
    has 79 different tabs that I use for a price book. I need to be able to
    automatically change the footers with a new effective date on each tab. I
    have the following code which works ok, but I have to run it on each tab. Is
    there a way to write this that will automatically change all 79 tabs by
    running it only once?

    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&I& Effective:February 20, 2006"

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: Generating Footers for Multiple sheets in Workbook

    (adjust to your needs).

    Customize the Page Sections (Header/Footer)of a worksheet as desired.
    Then from this same worksheet - run this macro:

    Sub change_all_myPgSettings()
    With ActiveSheet
    LF = .PageSetup.LeftFooter
    CF = .PageSetup.CenterFooter
    RF = .PageSetup.RightFooter
    LH = .PageSetup.LeftHeader
    CH = .PageSetup.CenterHeader
    RH = .PageSetup.RightHeader
    End With

    For Each sht In Sheets
    sht.Select
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = LF
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = CF
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = RF
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = LH
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = CH
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = RH
    Next sht
    End Sub

    Report back, if problems.
    Remember to back up you r file before trying ANYTHING NEW!!

  3. #3
    Ron
    Guest

    RE: Generating Footers for Multiple sheets in Workbook

    Thanks Jim, That works like a charm.