centering checkboxes

  1. #1
    Elan Arad
    Guest

    centering checkboxes

    Hi
    I have a worksheet where I add checkboxes on each row so I can decide
    wether to include that row in my calculations. I've found some code
    that does the job of adding the checkboxes very nicely, for some reason
    the checkboxes that are added are all aligned to the top of the sheet
    and when getting to lower rows they are not add to the right location.
    I was hoping someone could take a look at this and tell me if there's
    something I could do to make the checkboxes align themeselves to each
    cell they are added to.

    code:

    Sub AddCheckBoxes()
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim c As Range, myRange As Range
    Set myRange = Selection
    For Each c In myRange.Cells
    ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(c.Left, c.Top, c.Width,
    c.Height).Select
    With Selection
    .LinkedCell = c.Address
    .Characters.Text = "123"
    .Name = c.Address
    End With
    c.Select
    With Selection

    .FormatConditions.Delete
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
    Formula1:="=" & c.Address & "=TRUE"
    .FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 6 'change for
    other color when ticked
    .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'change
    for other color when ticked
    .Font.ColorIndex = 2 'cell background color = White
    End With
    Next
    myRange.Select
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: centering checkboxes

    Your code works for me in XL2002.
    I simplified the code a little, but it shouldn't make any
    difference as to the checkbox location.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    '----------------------------
    Sub AddCheckBoxes()
    'On Error Resume Next
    Dim c As Range
    Dim myRange As Range
    Set myRange = Selection

    myRange.FormatConditions.Delete
    myRange.Font.ColorIndex = 2

    For Each c In myRange.Cells
    c.FormatConditions.Add _
    Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=" & c.Address & "=TRUE"
    c.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 6
    c.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    With ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(c.Left, c.Top, c.Width, c.Height)
    .LinkedCell = c.Address
    .Characters.Text = "123"
    .Name = c.Address
    End With