Macro needed to set macro security in Excel to minimum

  1. #1
    Carl
    Guest

    Macro needed to set macro security in Excel to minimum

    I have an Excel file that is started automatically by Task Scheduler. The
    Excel file runs some macros upon opening. Sometimes the macro security level
    in Excel is set at medium so the auto-open macro must wait for the user to
    enable the macros before continuing. This defeats the whole purpose of the
    project. Is there any way to have the auto-open macro set the macro security
    to minimum first? (I doubt it because this would defeat the whole purpose of
    macro security settings but had to ask). Thanks.

  2. #2
    John
    Guest

    Re: Macro needed to set macro security in Excel to minimum

    You can't do that I'm afraid Carl .... It rather defeats the purpose of
    macro security :-)

  3. #3
    Ed
    Guest

    Re: Macro needed to set macro security in Excel to minimum

    >> Sometimes the macro security level in Excel is set at medium
    I'm wondering what is changing the security level. If you've got a User
    that's messing with settings, that's where you need to start.

    One other possibility is to create a Visual Basic program that contains all
    your macros (most macros will port directly into VB6 Classic with the
    addition of objects set to the application and file). Then open the VB exe
    with Scheduler and have that open the Excel file and do stuff.

    Ed

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro needed to set macro security in Excel to minimum

    You might want to looking into using Selfcert.exe to certify your workbook
    (3rd link).

    XL2002: About Digital Signatures in Excel Workbooks

    http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=206637
    OFF2000: Overview of Digital Certificates (Q206637)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=217221
    OFF2000: Using SelfCert to Create a Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
    (Q217221)

    An Overview:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tml/combat.asp

    Another reference:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...vbaproject.asp

    should be applicable to xl2000 and later.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...