protecting areas of a spreadsheet

  1. #1
    susan
    Guest

    protecting areas of a spreadsheet

    How do I protect certain areas of a spreadsheet that contain formulas
    from the intended/unintended tampering of the end user?

    I specifically want the end user to only be able to access cells
    B6:B14 in worksheet 1.

    Thank you

    Susan

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: protecting areas of a spreadsheet

    In worksheet 1
    select B6:B14 then go to Format=>Cells and select the protection tab.
    Uncheck "Locked"

    then go to Tools=>Protection, select Protect Workbook.

    See help for further details.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...