Out of Present Range Error using Excel

  1. #1
    Nicholas B
    Guest

    Out of Present Range Error using Excel

    I'm using VFP (Foxpro) to call Excel
    Everything works on my own laptop, but when I transfer to clients PC I get a
    problem

    When my code tries to call a specific Macro in Excel I get back
    OLE Error Code 0x8002000a Out of present Range

    Cannot find any reference to "Out of present range" in help files or
    knowledge base

    Any idea's ??

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi Nicholas,

    These questions are purely guesswork, as I know nothing at all about VFP (Foxpro), but you never know...
    (I was waiting for someone else to respond so I could find out about your problem but no-else has responded - so here goes.)

    * Does the macro in Excel actually exist on your client's PC & is the path correct?
    * Are all the correct librariaries referenced in Excel (& for that matter, in VFP)?
    To check this in Excel, [alt + F11] to access the VB Editor, Tools - References, & check that all the same references have been ticked on your client's PC & your laptop.
    * Are both computer's using the same versions of the app's?
    If not, some code that works on one computer may not be valid syntax on the other.

    hth
    Rob Brockett
    NZ
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

  3. #3
    Nicholas B
    Guest

    Re: Out of Present Range Error using Excel

    Hi Rob

    Thanks for your input
    I had to get onto Microsoft directly in the end and it turned out to be
    something simple. I was using an integer parameter and the value I was
    handing in (from a database table) was too large.

    On my machine I had lower values in the database table ... simple as that

    Thanks again though

    Nick

  4. #4
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the feedback.

    It's great when it is simple - at least now it is problem solved :-)