number length limit

  1. #1
    jhahes
    Guest

    number length limit

    I am putting a number in cell A1

    the number is an order number that was generated
    however when I put in the number, the last few digits are showing as 0's.

    Is there any way to fix this, here is my number.

    200603191216515085

    and it is showing as

    200603191216515000

    Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: number length limit

    Put an apostrophe (single quote) in front of the number

    '200603191216515085

    or format the cell as text

    Regards

    Trevor

    "jhahes" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: number length limit

    jhahes

    Excel supports 15 significant digits. Since you won't be doing any math on
    this, it's not really a number, but text. Precede the number with an
    apostrophe and you can enter as many numerals as you like.

    --
    **** Kusleika
    MS MVP - Excel