Program

  1. #1
    Jason Zischke
    Guest

    Program

    Hi all,

    Is there a way to prohibit another excel file opening up in the same window
    as the program that I have created?

    Jason

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Program

    Nope... Having multiple instances of Excel running is problematic anyways. My
    recommendation would be to figure out how to do whatever you want to do in
    one instances.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Program

    Jason,
    If you use Application Level Events you can trigger code that runs when a WB
    is opened.
    However it has no cancel, so would have react after it is open.

    See www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Vic Eldridge
    Guest

    RE: Program

    Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True
    will prevent other files from being opened when you double-click them in
    Windows Explorer, if that's what you mean.

    Regards,
    Vic Eldridge