return value from combo box

  1. #1
    tbaam
    Guest

    return value from combo box

    How do I find out what a user selected from a combo list. For example, if the
    combo box list is A, B or C and they select B is there a way for me to
    determine that in a macro.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: return value from combo box

    There are two types of combo boxes. For what you wnat to do i would recomend
    getting the combo box from the controls toolbox (not the forms toolbar). When
    you add this to a sheet it becomes embedded in the sheet. Right click on the
    combobox and select properties. Give the combobox a descriptive name (like
    cbxLetters).

    Now in the code you can refer to it with

    Sheet1.cbxLetters.Value

    (Assuming the combo box is in sheet1)
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    tbaam
    Guest

    RE: return value from combo box

    I may have taken on more then I can handle but this is really what I am
    trying to do.

    I have a spreadsheet that has active filters being used. I am trying to make
    a user form such that each combox is actually one of the possible choices in
    each of the filters.

    For example Column A has a choice of Jan. or Feb.
    Column B is Spring Summer Winter or Fall

    my user form has two combo boxes...one is Jan/Feb the other is
    Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall

    so when a use selects Jan spring the spreadsheet will filter that infor.

    I already have the macro that filters etc....

    So I thought if I could create the form and then read the choices all my
    user ever needs to see is the form and the results.