deleting rows messing up sums

  1. #1
    pywhacket
    Guest

    deleting rows messing up sums

    I have a worksheet that uses macros to pull data from other sheets within the
    workbook. One of the macros deletes any rows with a zero value after the data
    is pulled in - the number of rows varies each time. I need to subtotal and
    then total the $$ amount from three sections after the macros have run. The
    sum formulas that I have on the sheet get messed up each time. How do I
    resolve this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: deleting rows messing up sums

    Hi ......,

    Without the formulas that you are using and an example of what happens
    I expect that you are talking about problems with a running balance
    being dependent on the previous row which got deleted or missed
    an inserted row in the running balance. If that is the case you want
    to use OFFSET see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

    This would also apply the the final total, if you delete the row before
    the total or insert a row immediately before the total.
    ---
    HTH,