help! print screen locks up excel

  1. #1
    pywhacket
    Guest

    help! print screen locks up excel

    Hello, I have a workbook that contains several macros and many formulas. It
    works beautifully until I try to print or do a print preview. Then it locks
    up excel and I have to restart. Any ideas about what is causing this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: help! print screen locks up excel

    As a test, try selecting a different printer so that you have a different
    print driver selected and try printing. Excel interacts with the print
    driver when trying to print, so there may be a problem there.

    Note that if you don't have access to a different printer, you can install
    any available print driver and then use print preview rather than print (if
    print preview causes the same problem) to do the testing.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    pywhacket
    Guest

    RE: help! print screen locks up excel

    I checked to be sure that the driver is up to date, it is. Also, no luck
    printing to other printers or to a pdf.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: help! print screen locks up excel

    Unless it is just taking a long time I haven't seen any other postings that
    would indicate this is a systemic problem. Maybe check the knowledge base
    and see if you can find something

    http://support.microsoft.com

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    pywhacket
    Guest

    RE: help! print screen locks up excel

    Thanks for your help, Tom. I will try that.

  6. #6

    Re: help! print screen locks up excel

    Just one more thing to check (and it's a wild guess).

    Make sure your video drivers are up to date.

  7. #7
    pywhacket
    Guest

    Re: help! print screen locks up excel

    Thanks for all of the help. I figured it out. There is an image that shows up
    on the worksheets and the way I have it refreshing the images were repasting
    over and over - there were thousands. I put the image in a header instead. I
    felt quite idiotic when I realized what was happening!