Attach object (eg image) to worksheet

  1. #1

    Attach object (eg image) to worksheet

    Hi all,

    I have a basic question, is it possible to attach an object (e.g. a jpg or gif image) to a worksheet in order have it included in the excel file?

    The underlying idea is to write a code that accesses an image stored with the excel file (and not somewhere on a drive) and shows it e.g. on a graph. Is that even possible? If yes, how?

    thanx in advance for your answers

    regards
    thomas

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Attach object (eg image) to worksheet

    insert=>Pictrue=>From file.

    will store it on the worksheet (and in the xls file). You can copy it to a
    graph either manually or with code or place it there originally. (do it
    with the chart the active selection if doing it manually)

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Attach object (eg image) to worksheet

    some generic code to copy it from the worksheet to an embedded chart:

    ActiveSheet.Pictures(1).Copy
    Activesheet.ChartObjects(1).chart.Paste

    you can then move it around the chart.

    Tom Ogilvy