Can We Do It In Excel ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Can We Do It In Excel ?

    I have a template with some columns as attachment

    Question is: I would like to have a field, When people type in a valuethen Enter, the program will automatically filter rows which column (Applicable Service) is not typed value.

    Appreciate your help with given formulas.

    Many Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Can We Do It In Excel ?

    Sounds like you want to set the value of an autofilter dropdown using code.

    Turn on the macro recorder

    select your data and do Data=>filter=>Autofilter
    select the dropdown in your column of interest, and click the down arrow.
    Select the value you want to filter on.

    Turn off the macro recorder.

    Now you can just modify the recorded code to pick up the value for the
    Criteria1 assignment from you cell and you can trigger this is the Change
    events.

    for information on events, see Chip Pearson's site

    Tom Ogilvy