How do I lock cells so their values don't get updated

  1. #1
    AndrewOZ
    Guest

    How do I lock cells so their values don't get updated

    I have a worksheet (A) which gets updated by cell values in another worksheet
    (B). Worksheet A is only valid up to a particular date. After that date, I
    want to be able to lock every value in the worksheet A so that I can still
    update worksheet B (manually) and NOT have worksheet a updated. Is there a
    way to do this or do I need to go to a VBA solution?

    thanks

  2. #2

    Re: How do I lock cells so their values don't get updated

    Copy|paste special|values

    When you want.

  3. #3
    Andrew
    Guest

    Re: How do I lock cells so their values don't get updated

    Thanks Dave - works a treat!

    news:[email protected]...