Re-Populate User Forms

  1. #1

    Re-Populate User Forms

    Hi,

    I'm using a user form for users to select data, then once finished its populated on an excel spreadsheet, i have no problems with part, but my question is if the users need to change any part of the historical data, which is assigned a task number how do i repopulate the user form with that particular task information? Once they are happy the data is re-applied to the same row?

    Any help would be appreciated..

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Re-Populate User Forms

    Use MATCH:

    Dim res as variant

    res=Application.match(<TaskiD>,<ListTaskIDs>,0)
    If iserror(res) then
    Msgbox <Taskid> & "not found"
    else
    ' get data
    res=<row number>
    textbox1.value=worksheets("Data").cells(res,"C")
    end if

    Where
    <Taskid> is task id to match on
    <ListTaskIds> is list of task iDs e.g. named range (starting at row 1
    ...A1:A200 so res returns correct row number)

    HTh