Way keep track of edits and editors

  1. #1
    M John
    Guest

    Way keep track of edits and editors

    The problem is (at least) two-fold as I see it.
    The problem: I would like to review the time/date of the last x changes
    made to a spreadsheet and who made them.
    The spreadsheet is distributed among a closed network and I just want to see
    who made changes and when....and I'm assuming that as soon as I open the
    file, I am immediately the 'creator of record'....hence a list of previous
    people to have modified the file. So:
    1) I would like a macro to automatically run when the worksheet is opened
    that records the user and the time/date.
    2) I would like a macro that shows a list of the last....say, 5.....people
    to make changes and the time/date the changes were made.
    Many thanks,
    Michael

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Way keep track of edits and editors

    Never used it myself, but there is a history setting available when you
    SHARE as workbook. (tools=>Share Workbook. . . )

    Look in help at that feature and see if it will help.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    M John
    Guest

    RE: Way keep track of edits and editors

    Hmm....I think this will work (don't know why it wouldn't). Thanks.