VBA Function not refresh

  1. #1

    VBA Function not refresh

    Hi
    I have an Excel file with VBA function
    The problem is after a while of working with this file, the VBA function "get tired" , that mean they not refresh or return zero or value instead of valid number.
    some pepole told me it's becouse the RAM memory is full (even it's nice strong PC).
    Does someone know how to Handle this problem ? (F9 doesn't help)
    Is there any way to clear the memory that those Function take ?

    Thank's for any help!

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: VBA Function not refresh

    Make sure that the argument list in the function header allows Excel to
    recognize when the function should be re-evaluated.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Do you mean to add this line:

    Application.Volatile

    ???

  4. #4
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: VBA Function not refresh

    see http://www.decisionModels.com/calcsecretsj.htm for an explanation and
    examples.

    Charles
    ______________________
    Decision Models
    FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
    www.DecisionModels.com

    "tzcarmy" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Thanx

    Thanx
    I'll read it.

  6. #6
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: VBA Function not refresh

    Suppose you wanted a function that returned the value in A1 doubled. There
    are two ways to code this:

    function bump(r as range)
    bump=(r.value)*2
    end function

    and

    function bump()
    bump=(range("A1").value)*2
    end function

    put 10 in A1 and either code will return 20. However if you change A1 only
    the first code will respond to the change.
    --
    Gary''s Student