copy and paste

  1. #1
    Jack
    Guest

    copy and paste

    I want to copy a date from a cell and paste it to a cell in another worksheet
    in the same workbook. i am selecting the cells ok but the copy and paste
    operation do not seem to work. can anyone help
    ActiveSheet.Select
    Cells(z, 6).Copy
    Sheets("approvals").Select
    ActiveSheet.Select
    Cells(y, 5).Select
    Paste Cells(y, 5)
    --
    Jack

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste

    try
    Cells(z, 6).Copy Sheets("approvals").Cells(y, 5)
    or, for values only
    Sheets("approvals").Cells(y, 5).value=Cells(z, 6)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste

    Don
    that did not help although I did not say that the cell I want to copy gets
    it's date from a formula like = B34 +14 , thus it is just a snapshot of the
    value in the cell that I want, sorry
    --
    Jack

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste

    As I said, if you just want the VALUE use the 2nd formula.