Loop thru lines of text in a cell and extract specific values: please help?

  1. #1
    NYC <--> Lagos

    Question Loop thru lines of text in a cell and extract specific values: please help?

    Hello friends,
    I have an excel worksheet with huge chunk of text in Column F, and i'd like to loop through each line in this cell to get specific data from it. This sheet is derived from an email that i have succeded in importing into specific cells like From, To, CC, ReceivedTime, Body, etc. into specific Cells. Column F has the body of the email that i'd like to extract data from.

    Now i want to loop through the huge chunk of body text in cell F and extract specific values from them, placing each on respective columns on another sheet called results. I have mapped each data to get, so this is a work in progress and i am a little lost on how to completely loop inside a single cell, perhaps you can take a look at my code? On the sheet labelled "results" I have highlighted, in Yellow the columns that needs to get data from my column F.... Please take a look at cellF10 e.g. Use the down-arrow key to scroll to the botton if all is not visible as the text in it is large.

    What i am trying to extract into results sheet from each line of the cells in Column F (e.g F10) is:

    Project:
    Project ID:
    Sub Profile:
    Sub ProfileID: (# in brackets right after subprofile Name)

    Employee:
    EmpNo:
    Weeklys data for each employee should span across columns as -
    02/19:
    02/26:
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:

    I have started this, and i can get the other columns, but i don't know how to work out a way to loop through the huge text in column F and get this data from there. I can use the Instr function for that, but i need to loop thru cells in column F first...

    I have attached the sheet for your viewing and you can take a look at my in progress code. Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Loop thru lines of text in a cell and extract specific values: ple

    Hi,
    E-mail me ([email protected]) and I'll mail you some
    code.

  3. #3
    NYC <--> Lagos

    Talking