VBA Availability?

  1. #1
    Paul Fenton
    Guest

    VBA Availability?

    Hello

    Can't seem to find an answer elsewhere (probably not looked hard enough!),
    so please can somebody advise?

    I currently use Excel VBA from within Office 2003. I need to buy another
    machine, but don't need the rest of Office, just Excel.

    So if I bought a standalone version of Excel 2003, would it contain the same
    VBA functionality as the Excel that comes with Office 2003?

    Many thanks,
    Paul.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: VBA Availability?

    yes. Just make sure you choose to install it (VBA) when you install the
    software.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Guest

    Re: VBA Availability?

    Hi Paul,

    > So if I bought a standalone version of Excel 2003, would it contain the same
    > VBA functionality as the Excel that comes with Office 2003?

    Sure. But I doubt if buying just Excel will prove much cheaper then e.g. the
    students and teacher's edition of Office...

    Regards,

    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP
    http://www.jkp-ads.com

  4. #4
    Paul Fenton
    Guest

    Re: VBA Availability?

    Thanks folks,

    I did some digging here in the office (pardon the pun), and it turns out
    that a machine we had issues with last year; on which I thought we had bought
    Office Basic, had actually come with Microsoft Works!!!

    So I think we'll be going for a few versions of Office Basic.

    Thanks again for your replies,
    Paul.