macros

  1. #1
    sharon
    Guest

    macros

    How do I create a macro in Excel 2003?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Edwin Tam
    Guest

    RE: macros

    There are two main ways:
    1) Record a macro, which Excel will automatically generate macro code for
    the actions you have carried out during the record.
    2) Manually type/edit the macros

    For (1), from the tools menu, choose macro, then record macro. Then do what
    you want to record, click the stop button when finish.

    Macros are store in modules. You can view them in the VBA Editor. From the
    Tools menu, choose macro, then "Visual Basic Editor". You will be switched to
    the VB Editor. You may need some time to explore the features of this
    development environment.

    For (2), as mentioned above, you can edit the macros in the VB Environment.

    I highly recommend you to learn from a book, such as a Microsoft Press one.
    The Step by Step series is quite good. (There are other alternatives.) There
    are lessons which brings you through the key features of Excel VBA. Really
    straight forward and fun.

    Regards,
    Edwin Tam
    [email protected]