Losing data during transfer

  1. #1

    Losing data during transfer

    Good morning,

    I am really hoping this is going to be my last question on lisboxes. Anyway, I am trying to transfer data from a listbox to a spreadsheet. Unfortunately the first entry in the listbox always gets dropped and the specified cell is blank. (Unless I force the cycle to go one less than the number of options in the listbox. If I do this, then the remaining item in the listbox shows up as the selection in the first cell.) Anyway, here is my code. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here. Been trying to figure this out since yesterday afternoon and I am guessing it is something simple...

    Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()

    Dim number As Integer
    Dim xcount As Integer

    number = 0
    xcount = ListBox2.ListCount

    ListBox2.ListIndex = 0

    Do While xcount > 1

    If ListBox2.Selected(i) = True Then
    Worksheets("HistoricalFS").Cells(11 + number, 2) = ListBox2.List(i)
    ListBox2.RemoveItem (i)

    End If
    number = number + 1
    xcount = xcount - 1

    Loop

    End Sub

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Losing data during transfer

    Your loop executes "While xcount >1" - so it does not execute when xcount is
    equal to 1. I think you really meant "While xcount >=1" (or, equivalently,
    "While xcount >0)
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3

    Exclamation Urgent - still having trouble with a listbox

    Sorry K. Dales, just before I had posted the code I had tried to running it less one loop to see what was happening. I had originally set the code with While xcount > 0. I have also tried For-Next, offset, etc. None of these solve the problem.

    A weird thing that I have noticed is that it is always B11 that is left blank. If I change the code to:

    Worksheets("HistoricalFS").Cells(10 + number, 2) = ListBox2.List(i)

    Whatever was supposed to be placed in B11 ends up being blank. I just can't figure out what is going on. Any ideas on how to fix the code or a better way to get the information from the listbox into the specified worksheet cells is really appreciated!

    Cheers,
    dw