Help With Find

  1. #1

    Help With Find

    I'm trying to find a row based on two criteria the first is a text box in a form called txton the value of which is held on column A. the second criteria is in the same row it finds an empty cell in column F.

    using the code below finds the first criteria no problem. does anyone have any idea how too expand this code to find the second criteria.

    Thanks in advance

    Dim FindString As String
    Dim rng As Range

    FindString = UserForm1.txtON.Value
    If Trim(FindString) <> "" Then
    With Sheets("Re - Rostered Restdays").Range("A:A")
    Set rng = .Find(What:=FindString, _
    After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False)
    If Not rng Is Nothing Then
    Application.Goto rng, True
    Else
    MsgBox "Nothing found"
    End If
    End With
    End If

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Help With Find

    Merge you code with the sample code in the help on FINDNEXT.

    each time you find a cell in column A, then check if the corresponding cell
    in F is blank. If so, select the cell in A and quit. If not continue
    looking until all cells in A meeting the criteria have been checked.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3

    tom

    tom thanks for taking a look i see what you mean i'm fairly new to vba and its taken me days to get this far could you help

    thanks

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Help With Find

    Sub test()
    Dim FindString As String
    Dim rng As Range

    FindString = UserForm1.txtON.Value
    If Trim(FindString) <> "" Then
    With Sheets("Re - Rostered Restdays").Range("A:A")
    Set rng = .Find(What:=FindString, _
    After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False)
    If Not rng Is Nothing Then
    Set rng = rng.Offset(0, 5)
    Do While rng.Value <> ""
    Set rng = rng.Offset(1, 0)
    Loop
    rng.Select
    Else
    MsgBox "Nothing found"
    End If
    End With

    AP

    "paul_gu" <[email protected]> a écrit
    dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    thanks

    thanks for taking a look but it fails on the rng.select line

  6. #6

    Sorry

    My humblest apologies that works perfectly many many thanks I’ve spent days working on that